Economy Ejector Pins
Ejector pins are installed on the B-side of the mold that push the part out of the mold when the part has cooled sufficiently. Also known as knockout pins.
A-Side of the Ejector Pin is sometimes called the “cavity” it is the half of the mold that usually creates the exterior of a cosmetic part. The A-side usually does not have moving parts built into it.
B-Side is sometimes called the “core” it is the half of the mold where ejectors, side-action cams and the other complex components are located. On a cosmetic part, the B-side usually creates the inside of the part.
Precision Punch Corporation offers a complete line of standard ejector pins and has the engineering expertise and experience to provide “special” and “custom” ejector pins for our customer’s existing as well as new applications. Our “special” and “custom” tooling results in our customers having improved in-plant productivity and quality performance as well as reduced manufacturing cost.
Precision Punch capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Manufacturing Diameters from .004 to 1.250 inches while holding tolerances down to .0001 inches.
- Manufacturing Point Diameters down to .003 inches.
- Manufacturing Lengths up to 12 inches long.
- Surface Finishes down to 2 micro (Ra or RMS)
- Manufactured in metric also for specials and custom parts.
- Concentricity up to .0003 T.R.I., depending on part design could be tighter.
- Offer the widest range of in-stock materials including but not limited to A-2, D-2, M-2,M-7, M-42, M-50, S-7, H-13, PM-M4, PM-3V, PM-9V, PM-10V, PM-15V, 0-1, 52-100, 17-4, 15-5, 300 series Stainless Steel and 400 series Stainless Steel as well as other grades.